Thursday, May 23, 2013

Packing, Cleaning, and Prepping




University Movers arrived at the house early Monday morning.  Mark, Mike, and Jake swiftly began packing and wrapping our household goods for their journey to Alaska.  They kept the atmosphere light by quoting movies and playing music on their smart phones.  I was quite impressed by their professionalism and team work. 

These strangers in my home confirmed that I may have a slight obsession.  As we were serving them lunch Jake looked at me quite seriously and said, “Working in that storage room gave me a sweet tooth.”  I must have looked slightly confused because he went on to say, “I have never seen so many cupcake pans in all of my life.”

While cleaning up from lunch on the second day Mike stopped at the counter and grabbed a cookie.  Laughing he told me that he had been thinking of cookies all morning, ever since he had packed up the cookie costume hanging in an upstairs closet.



Wednesday, my brother David and our friend Sandy joined us in cleaning and prepping the house.  We painted and cleaned the house from top to bottom.  Adam and Dave worked hard fixing, painting, and finishing tasks around the house.  Sandy and I were able to clean the house until it shined. 



We left the house fresh and turn-key for our new tenants.
I hope they enjoy our home as much as we did.





Saying good-bye is never easy.  With this nomad lifestyle it happens all too frequently.  We were able to share hugs and “see you soons” with many who became family in our five years in Michigan.  We wish we were able to spend time with all of you.  Please know that we appreciate the well wishes, gifts, and messages and we look forward to seeing you again.  A family friend told me, “If leaving is easy, you didn't leave a deep enough “footprint” in your life.”  I think our hearts are full of footprints.  Thank you. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment