Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Company's Coming - Grilled Chicken with Three Tomato Bruschetta

When my husband informed me that we were going to have company for dinner this week, I was so excited.  Not only was it another adult for me to converse with, he was from Ohio!  So, I began thinking about what I would serve our guest.  One of our favorite go-to-meals is grilled chicken with bruschetta.  Garlicky with basil and just a little kick - I may go for a second helping while I write this up.

Joe and Adam worked together while Adam was stationed in Marblehead, Ohio.  He is very charismatic and a great story teller, I enjoyed hearing stories about Adam from before I knew him. Joe, is a captain for an outfitter in the bush near Holy Cross, Alaska.  He has been coming to Alaska to hunt since 1997 and has been working as a guide for the past five years.  He comes in July and stays through October.  He seemed quite happy with dinner and mentioned he'd be back in a few months to do it again.  It didn't take too much arm twisting to get him to take a bag of sugar cookies for the road. I look forward to seeing him again.





Grilled Chicken with Three Tomato Bruschetta
For the Chicken
6 Boneless Chicken Breasts
¾  Cup Balsamic Vinegar
½ Cup Olive Oil
3 TBSP Steak Seasoning (I used Montreal Steak Seasoning)
1/3 Cup Dijon Mustard
1 TBSP Sriracha
4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
For the Bruschetta
1 Pint Yellow Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
½ Pint Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
4 Roma Tomatoes, Seeded and Chopped
15-20 Basil Leaves, Roughly Chopped (I used the basil found in the squeeze tube)
6 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 TSP Dried Parsley
1 Lemon, Juiced
1 TBSP Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (I used Adam’s homemade blend)
½  Tsp Salt
½  Tsp pepper
Directions
In a bowl, whisk together all ingredients in chicken breast marinade (from balsamic vinegar to ground black pepper) and place in large re-sealable bag with chicken to marinate in the refrigerator overnight. I always place mine inside of a bowl, just in case it decides to leak.

In a separate bowl, combine all ingredients in the tomato topping and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.

The next day, preheat grill to medium high heat. Cook chicken breasts for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through (165 F). 

Serve with Bruschetta on top of chicken or on the side.  Make your meal complete with crusty bread and a fresh green salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment